welcome to oneGRAVESvoice- a positively charged Graves' disease and thyroid eye disease community.
- join today!
- log in
The History of Levothyroxine – The Most Prescribed Drug in the United States with Dr. James V. Hennessey from Harvard University
In this interview, Dr. Hennessey describes the history, refinements, implementation, physiology, and clinical outcomes achieved over the past several centuries of thyroid hormone replacement strategies.
Topics discussed in this episode include:
• The history of levothyroxin
• Chinese using thyroid hormone to treat cretinism in the 6th century
• What is cretinism?
• Dangers of hypothyroidism during pregnancy
• Prescribed 3-step process when hypothyroidism is treated when pregnant
• The history of sheep thyroid as a treatment
• In the 1920’s thyroid hormone was synthesized
• T3 was synthesized in the 1950’s
• When to take thyroid medication, morning or night?
Thyroglobulin Autoantibodies are Associated With Refractoriness to Antithyroid Drug Treatment for Graves’ Dise...Objective: The recurrence rate associat...
Genetic Associations of the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Receptor Gene With Graves’ Diseases and Graves’ ...Graves' disease (GD) is a common thyroid...
Graves’ DiseaseEpidemiology: Most common cause of Thyr...
Prevention of Overt Hypothyroidism Following Radioactive Iodine Therapy for Graves’ Disease By Early Initiatio...Background: Radioactive iodine (RAI) th...
Methimazole for Graves’ Disease Linked to Acute PancreatitisThe treatment of Graves' disease with th...
Surgical Management of Graves’ – Dr. Kevin Brumundhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BfIbnrv...
Graves’ DiseaseGraves disease is an autoimmune disorder...