welcome to oneGRAVESvoice- a positively charged Graves' disease and thyroid eye disease community.
- join today!
- log in
A patient’s thyroid cancer story about diagnosis and surgery.
In this episode we hear Lorrie describe the following:
• Papillary thyroid cancer
• Long delayed pathology results
• Graves’ disease
• Balancing Graves’ disease and a thyroid cancer diagnosis
• Emotional roller coaster of feeling optimistic and other days of sadness.
• The feelings and emotions of related to a cancer diagnosis
• Being careful about the information shared on the internet and potential negativity
• Support network and family
• Nodule size was 1.1 cm, but with history of Graves’ disease, she decided to forego active surveillance
• The day of surgery and overnight in hospital
• The radioactive iodine decision
• Lymph node removal
• Traveling 4 hours to surgery center
• T4 dosage
• Change in life perspective
• Slowing down while making decisions post-diagnosis
• Multiple opinions pre-surgery
- Dr. Google: The Readability and Accuracy of Patient Education Websites for Graves’ Disease TreatmentBackground: National guidelines emphasi...
- Integrated Clinical Trial Analyses Further Substantiate that Teprotumumab Significantly Improves Debilitating Effect...Horizon Therapeutics plc today announced...
- Increased Cancer Incidence After Radioiodine Treatment for HyperthyroidismBackground: Concerns remain about risk ...
- The Characteristics of Osteoporotic Patients in Graves’ Disease Patients Newly Diagnosed After Menopause: A Pr...Overt hyperthyroidism is associated with...
- Erin M. Shriver, MD, FACSErin M. Shriver is a Clinical Professor ...
- Piezosurgery in Modified Pterional Orbital Decompression Surgery in Graves DiseaseObjective: Piezosurgery uses microvibra...
- Thyroid Hormone TreatmentWhat is the Thyroid Gland? The thyroid ...