welcome to oneGRAVESvoice- a positively charged Graves' disease and thyroid eye disease community.
- join today!
- log in
A patient’s thyroid cancer story about diagnosis and surgery.
In this episode we hear Lorrie describe the following:
• Papillary thyroid cancer
• Long delayed pathology results
• Graves’ disease
• Balancing Graves’ disease and a thyroid cancer diagnosis
• Emotional roller coaster of feeling optimistic and other days of sadness.
• The feelings and emotions of related to a cancer diagnosis
• Being careful about the information shared on the internet and potential negativity
• Support network and family
• Nodule size was 1.1 cm, but with history of Graves’ disease, she decided to forego active surveillance
• The day of surgery and overnight in hospital
• The radioactive iodine decision
• Lymph node removal
• Traveling 4 hours to surgery center
• T4 dosage
• Change in life perspective
• Slowing down while making decisions post-diagnosis
• Multiple opinions pre-surgery
- Surgical Management of Graves’ – Dr. Kevin Brumundhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BfIbnrv...
- Thyroid Eye Disease – Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Pathologyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRIbtxk4...
- Which Factors are Associated With Quality of Life in Patients With Graves’ Orbitopathy Presenting for Orbital ...Purpose: Graves' orbitopathy (GO) is as...
- Dr. Scott Rivkees – “Treatment/Monitoring of Childhood Graves’ Disease – What a Parent Shoul...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HttLLtR...
- Radioactive Iodine Ablation to Treat Thyroid Disease: Pediatric Thyroid Center at CHOP (6 of 9)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04c4dXJR...
- Geeta Lal, MDDr. Lal is Associate Professor of Surger...
- Roger Dailey, MD, FACSRoger Dailey is Professor of Ophthalmolo...