Trusted Resources: People & Places
Healthcare providers, researchers, and advocates
Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary – Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease1855 W. Taylor Street
Chicago, Illinois, United States
The Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease (IC-TED) provides coordinated care for patients with Thyroid Eye Disease (TED). The center offers:
• Medical and Surgical Ophthalmic care for all patients with TED, including those with severe, vision threatening disease
• Cutting edge technology, imaging and access to on-going clinical trials
• Comprehensive, empathetic care with a patient centered focus
• Availability of expert strabismus surgeons, ocular surface specialists, neuro-ophthalmologists, head and neck radiologists, radiation oncologists and endocrinologists for multidisciplinary care as needed
• Coordinated care with an emphasis on patient satisfaction and experience
The center is directed by Vinay Aakalu, MD, MPH, a fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, who has expertise in the complex, multi-faceted care of patients with TED.
Meta-Analysis of Methylprednisolone Pulse Therapy for Graves’ OphthalmopathyA meta-analysis was performed to evaluat...
Thyroid-Associated Ophthalmopathy After Treatment for Graves’ Hyperthyroidism With Antithyroid Drugs or Iodine...Context: Previous randomized trials hav...
Recent Developments in Graves’ OphthalmopathyRecent Developments in Graves' ophthalmo...
Gut Microbes May Play Role in Graves ’ Disease Diagnosis, Thyroid AutoimmunityThe abundance and diversity of intestina...
Scheie Eye Institute – Thyroid Eye Disease ProgramScheie’s Thyroid Eye Disease Program o...
Anatomic Considerations in Thyroid Eye DiseasePurpose: To review and summarize the cl...
David B. Granet, MD, FAAO, FACS, FAAPDavid B. Granet is the Anne Ratner Chair...
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.