source: Job Accommodation Network
People with Grave’s disease may develop some of the limitations discussed below, but seldom develop all of them. Also, the degree of limitation will vary among individuals. Be aware that not all people with Grave’s disease will need accommodations to perform their jobs and many others may only need a few accommodations. The following is only a sample of the possibilities available. Numerous other accommodation solutions may exist.
Questions to Consider:
• What limitations is the employee experiencing?
• How do these limitations affect the employee and the employee’s job performance?
• What specific job tasks are problematic as a result of these limitations?
• What accommodations are available to reduce or eliminate these problems? Are all possible resources being used to determine possible accommodations?
• Has the employee been consulted regarding possible accommodations?
• Once accommodations are in place, would it be useful to meet with the employee to evaluate the effectiveness of the accommodations and to determine whether additional accommodations are needed?
• Do supervisory personnel and employees need training?