Trusted Resources: Evidence & Education
Scientific literature and patient education texts
Caregiver Burnout: Prevention
source: Cleveland Clinic
Here Are Some Steps You Can Take to Help Prevent Caregiver Burnout:
• Find someone you trust — such as a friend, co-worker, or neighbor — to talk to about your feelings and frustrations.
• Set realistic goals, accept that you may need help with caregiving, and turn to others for help with some tasks. Local organizations or places or worship may provide support groups (either in person or online) for caregivers or family members of those suffering from diseases such as cancer or Alzheimer’s. These organizations may also provide respite care to allow the caregiver to have time away from the patient.
• Take advantage of respite care services. Respite care provides a temporary break for caregivers. This can range from a few hours of in-home care to a short stay in a nursing home or assisted living facility.
• Be realistic about your loved one’s disease, especially if it is a progressive disease such as Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s. Acknowledge that there may come a time when the patient requires nursing services or assisted living outside the family home.
• Don’t forget about yourself because you’re too busy caring for someone else. Set aside time for yourself, even if it’s just an hour or two. Remember, taking care of yourself is not a luxury. It is an absolute necessity for caregivers.
Parent Toolkit: Strategies for Maximizing Your Child’s HealthHaving a child diagnosed with a chronic ...
Angels Announcer Victor Rojas Stays Strong for His Wife in Her Health BattleShe braces herself for the worst. Stayin...
Patient/Caregiver RelationshipOpen lines of communication between a pa...
New UTC Coach Rusty Wright Thrilled to See Daughter Play Division I BasketballAfter a crazy couple of weeks, Rusty Wri...
Caregiver Stress: Don’t Forget Self-CareFamily caregivers often try to do everyt...
Caregiver Burnout: ResourcesIf you are already suffering from stress...
Caregiver BurnoutCaregiver burnout is a state of physical...
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.