source: The American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA)
year: 2020 summary/abstract:
AARDA and other groups serving persons in the autoimmune, serious illness, and chronic condition communities are individually and collectively curating information on the COVID-19 coronavirus and steps to take to avoid contagion and, if infected, to manage the illness. For people with one or more autoimmune diseases, simply managing diagnosed conditions is often pretty challenging. COVID-19 adds new layers of difficulty as patients struggle to access current, accurate information – especially guidance that addresses their unique health care circumstances and needs.
AARDA recommends the following sources of information on COVID-19 as sources of accurate, frequently updated, and trustworthy information for patients, their families and communities.
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
· World Health Organization (WHO)
· National Institutes of Health (NIH)
· National Health Council (NHC)
· U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
· Johns Hopkins University & Medicine (JHU)