Trusted Resources: People & Places
Healthcare providers, researchers, and advocates
American Thyroid Association6066 Leesburg Pike Suite 550
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
Email Phone Web
The American Thyroid Association® (ATA) is the leading worldwide organization dedicated to the advancement, understanding, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of thyroid disorders and thyroid cancer. The ATA delivers its mission of being devoted to thyroid biology and to the prevention and treatment of thyroid disease through excellence in research, clinical care, education, and public health.
Their goals include:
• To foster and support research on thyroid molecular and cell biology, physiology, and diseases.
• To disseminate new knowledge that leads to prevention, diagnosis,and treatment of thyroid diseases.
• To support education of trainees, basic scientists, physicians, and other health care professionals concerned with investigating, diagnosing, and treating thyroid diseases.
• To establish and guide public policies on the causes, diagnosis, and management of thyroid diseases and related disorders.
• To be the advocate for thyroid specialists in the councils concerned with science, clinical medicine, and health care delivery.
• To encourage broad-based support from industry and other parties to fulfill the Association’s scientific and educational missions.
• To stimulate philanthropic giving to a fund that supports the Association’s activities.
Rare Disease Day at Nationwide Children’sJoin us for the 4th Annual Rare Disease ...
The Autoimmune AssociationThe Autoimmune Association is dedicated ...
Janis Hickey, MBEJanis Hickey is Founder and Director of ...
A Prospective Study of the Effects of Radioiodine Therapy for Hyperthyroidism in Patients With Minimally Active Grav...Context: Radioiodine is an effective an...
How to Support a Family Member Who Has Graves’ DiseaseGraves disease is an autoimmune disorder...
Understanding Your Blood TestThyroid lab testing is an area that can ...
Terry Jay Smith, MDDr. Terry J. Smith, the Frederick G.L. H...
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.